Program Coordinator, Spa Therapy and Holistic Massage and Medical Aesthetics Certificate Programs
Temporary, Part-Time (21 hours per week)
Start Date: April 1, 2012
Langara College Continuing Studies is seeking a dynamic individual for the position of Program Coordinator Spa Therapy and Holistic Massage Certificate Program and the Medical Aesthetics Certificate Program. These two programs are part of the Health and Human Services department of Continuing Studies.
Candidates must have demonstrated ability to:
- Establish priorities and meet deadlines with the ability to attend to multiple tasks.
- Work with students interested in Spa Therapy and Medical Aesthetics
- Demonstrate excellence in communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member within the Health and Human Services Department
- Ability to attract students to both certificate programs
- Provide ongoing coaching to ensure the successful completion of the program and assist students to find practicum placement
- Knowledge and connection to the spa industry within Vancouver and the lower mainland
- Develop and maintain positive relations with College programs and departments
- Maintain well documented records relating to student progress in the programs
- Ability to learn how to work in various computer programs
- Ability to develop areas of new programming within the spa therapy area
- Participate in regular team meetings, strategic planning and program review sessions as scheduled. Foster positive, productive working relationships and work collaboratively to contribute to a positive work environment based on mutual respect.
- Registered Massage Therapist designation preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and employment
- 3 years minimum experience delivering services or administration within a spa setting
- Ability to hire, supervise and work cooperatively with multiple instructors
- Current local labour market knowledge within the spa industry in Vancouver and across Canada
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to successfully work within a multi-faceted program, and meet targets and deadlines
- Excellent computer skills and ability to learn new programs
- Ability to calmly handle changing circumstances
- Ability to adjust to a flexible schedule
Application Information: To apply, send your cover letter and resume, quoting competition #CS001-12 in the subject line of your e-mail to Linda Turner, Manager Holistic Health Services, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: February 28, 2012
Competition No.: CS001-12
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those short listed will be contacted. We are committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.